Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shrimp Speaks: Hi Ho, Hi Ho-It's off to sew I go......


Hey all! I know you have been reading this blog and maybe even been somewhat amused but thinking to yourself-what's the REAL story! Well, luckily I'm here to give it to you!

After many Wednesdays spent over at Anna's looking at all the cute stuff on Etsy.com (a website where people sell all kinds of crafty stuff they make) and lots of other outfits on various sites, I thought to myself-why pay for an outfit that we can make ourselves? And especially since we can make something WAAAAYYY cuter than any of the crap we've seen from these sites! To be completely honest I was thinking that Anna could very easily make the outfits and I could just be a consultant! We went out and bought some plain pants and shirts and lots of really cute fabric and set to work. And when I say set to work I really mean that we spent several weeks looking at it all and doing even more internet "research". I also never thought I would be doing so much of the actual "sewing". So far that hasn't worked out so good for me. I keep hoping every time I leave, that a kind elf would take pity on me and do some work on Echo's outfit but those lazy bastards haven't done anything so far!

After today I do feel like I am finally making some progress and getting closer to a finished project. My goal is to have it all sewn-nothing hot glued here baby! There have been some rough patches, but I have to give Anna something to write about and to also make her look good. I'll let you be the judge when they are both done! I only hope one day that Echo and Mary will look back on these homemade outfits with the same fondness and appreciation that me, Abby (our other sister) & our cousins Matt & Tommy have for some of the wonderful outfits our moms & aunt made for us when we were kids. Just check out this pic and you'll see that sewing is obviously in our blood! Luckily for Anna & our cousin Erin, sewing was out of the blood and Mom had moved on to bigger & better hobbies (like grave rubbing) by the time they came around.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Wow, that was so nice of you to pretend to suck at sewing to make me look good! What a great sis.

Erin said...

Who are those two ugly chicks in the photo?

Anna said...

Can't you tell from the names on the front of the jumpers?

Erin said...

Hahahahha! I didn't see that before. Had to enlarge the picture. That's great!

mary yates said...

we were stylin! thanks to your mom & our mom's sewing talents and obvious hair cutting and styling talents! don't be jealous!!!