Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mrs. Doubtfire Day




Bobby has decided that he is going to take Fridays off and work from home and essentially be Mr. Mom for the day so that I could get in a full (aka uninterrupted) day of work done. He's done this one other day, although that was more of a half day, but I have to admit that I love these days. Not just for the work that I get done, but for the awesome quotes that I can replay in my head to make myself mentally pee my pants laughing. Here are some of the highlights:




"They just ate!" - said exasperatingly while getting ready for the second feeding of the day. I know, my friend, I know.



Oh, you thought I was finished? Guess again!

"But I just started working!" - this line was repeated after the last line, which was infinitely amusing to me since this happens to me EVERY DAY. Just when you finish feeding the boys, changing them, rinsing bottles and recording the feeding, getting them situated to play and then to nap, they wake up again to repeat the cycle all over again. Sure, you may have had enough time to boot up your laptop during their nap and maybe even log in and respond to a few emails, but work? Better luck next time!



Even better- the cats woke up the babies. Yeah, that's it!

"Does this one ever sleep?" - about Oliver, who, in fact, never sleeps anymore. Apparently Bobby thought there'd be a lot more napping and a lot less baby entertaining during daddy day. Guess again! One will stay awake just until the the other one wakes up, then they finally drift off. So you get to entertain babies all day long, yay! Luckily they are adorable and easy babies, but it's still a lot of work.



Oliver thinks that sleep is for a-holes

"Oh, you're working? I was thrown off by the swimming." - because apparently when I'm working from home I'm not allowed lunch breaks or to leave my office. I guess he didn't notice that I punched out on my time card for that half hour.



This is the new app Bobby is making me use to time my breaks.

"If you're working until 5, then I'll just head on over to the smoke shop until then." - When I asked who would be watching the babies then since I'm going to be working, he did a Scooby Doo headshake and realized that he was still in charge. That means no leaving babies at home to go smoke cigars. I know, it's a tough world.


Unless you plan on opening up a daddy daycare section at the smoke shop, you ain't going nowhere mister!

"I didn't forget, I just didn't have time to do it!" - when I picked up the baby nail file and asked if he forgot to file their scraggly, homeless person baby nails. This was the best line of the day because it is indicative of EVERY day with babies. When I saw the baby laundry still unfolded on the couch at the end of the day, it made my day. Sweet vindication!



I Googled 'busy house husband' and this is what I found.

Bobby asked me to grade him at the end of the day. He gave himself a C or a B-. I gave him an A because the babies were still alive, uninjured, fed, and clothed. That and the fact that he loved spending time with his babies gets him an A every day of the week.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anna---Love it!!!mom

Monica Gehllar said...

What a good Papi!